Back to School SEL Lesson Plan: Learn to Draw a Mouse in Just 2 Minutes!' Art Tutorial for Classroom Teaching in Elementary School
Welcome to our 'Fast & Fun: Learn to Draw a Mouse in Just 2 Minutes!' art tutorial . This quick and delightful drawing lesson is not only a creative adventure but also a valuable educational tool. Join us as we explore the world of art, seamlessly aligning with Common Core State Standards (CCSS), Social and Emotional Learning (SEL), and offering diverse uses in the classroom.
Lesson Plan for SEL:
- Art for Emotional Expression: Start your SEL journey with a brief discussion on emotions. Encourage students to choose an emotion they'd like to express through their mouse drawing.
- Mindful Drawing: Guide students through a 2-minute mindful drawing exercise. Ask them to focus on their chosen emotion while creating their mouse.
- Sharing and Reflection: After the drawing, invite students to share their drawings with the class. Ask them to describe why they chose that emotion and what elements in their drawing represent it.
- Empathy and Communication: Encourage classmates to actively listen and provide positive feedback to their peers. This promotes empathy and effective communication.
- Self-Expression and Self-Awareness: Discuss how the act of creating art can help students better understand and express their emotions, fostering self-awareness (SEL: Self-Awareness).
- Art Gallery: Create a 'Mouse Emotions Gallery' in your classroom, displaying all the drawings. This builds a sense of community and showcases the diversity of emotions.
Benefits and Uses:
- Art for All Ages: Perfect for students of all ages, this activity fosters creative expression, fine motor skills, and visual literacy.
- CCSS Integration: Develop language arts skills by having students write short descriptions or stories about their mouse drawings (CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.3.2).
- SEL Connection: Encourage self-awareness and self-expression as students convey their feelings through art (SEL: Self-Awareness).
- Back to School Fun: Ideal for the first day of school or as a back-to-school icebreaker, fostering a positive classroom environment.
- Classroom Uses: This quick art activity can be used for classroom transitions, as a reward, or during art lessons to teach students about shapes and proportions.
- Mindful Breaks: Incorporate 2-minute mindful drawing breaks to help students relax and refocus during the school day.
- Art Showcase: Display students' mouse drawings in the classroom, creating an art gallery that builds a sense of community.
Whether you're a teacher looking for engaging classroom activities, a student exploring your artistic talents, or simply seeking a quick creative break, this '2-Minute Mouse Drawing' offers a fast and fun way to connect with art while enhancing vital skills. Subscribe for more educational and exciting art activities. ️ #QuickArt #ArtEducation #BackToSchool #SELinSchools