Draw a Lion for Grade 4 - Back-to-School First Week of School Activity!
Welcome to our 'Draw a Lion' activity, specially designed for grade 4 students during their back-to-school week! This engaging art tutorial offers a fantastic way for students to express themselves, develop their creative skills, and integrate Common Core State Standards (CCSS) in multiple subjects, including English Language Arts and Math, while also promoting Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) principles and incorporating a brief yoga integration.
Grade 4 Multidisciplinary Art Lesson Plan: Objective: To engage grade 4 students in a creative drawing exercise that encourages self-expression, fine motor skill development, and integrates CCSS across various subjects, SEL, and a moment of mindfulness through yoga.
- Pencils, markers, or crayons
- A positive and encouraging classroom atmosphere
- Begin by discussing the theme of self-expression, individuality, and embracing creativity with your grade 4 students.
- CCSS Integration (CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.4.2): Encourage students to write a short description or a story about their lion drawing, enhancing their writing skills and narrative comprehension.
- Math Integration (CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.4.G.A.2): Discuss geometric shapes and angles in relation to lion features, enhancing geometry skills.
- Show this lion drawing video example that sparks their imagination and creativity.
- Invite students to draw their own unique lion character, emphasizing the importance of embracing their artistic individuality.
- SEL Integration:
- Foster self-awareness as students express their unique personalities and emotions through their artwork.
- Promote social awareness by discussing the significance of recognizing and appreciating each other's creative perspectives.
- Yoga Integration: Lead a brief, mindful yoga exercise to help students relax and connect with their inner creativity. For example, you can guide them through lion's breath yoga, enhancing their mindfulness.
- Provide time for students to create their lion drawings, allowing self-expression to flourish.
- Once the drawings are complete, encourage students to share their artwork and the stories behind their lion characters.
This 'Draw a Lion' activity engages grade 4 students in art while integrating CCSS across various subjects, SEL principles, and a moment of mindfulness through yoga. It fosters self-expression, creativity, and an inclusive classroom environment during the back-to-school week, setting a positive tone for the upcoming academic year.
Join us on this creative adventure with your grade 4 students! Subscribe for more educational and enjoyable activities that enhance learning, self-expression, and mindfulness. ️ #Grade4Art #BackToSchool #CreativeExpression #SELinEducation #CCSSIntegration #YogaInClassroom